The Team here at Uniglobal has created this Restatement Resource page for you.
The Post-PPA Defined Contribution (DC) document release features at least 9 new plan documents to support our client's unique needs. The documents have been streamlined based on usage and functionality all while adhering to and incorporating within the required changes from the IRS.
For Cycle 3, the IRS eliminated the prototype and volume submitter naming conventions and will now offer Opinion Letters for Standardized and Non-Standardized plan documents only. Fear not! We have a strategy to ensure all plan features are retained when your plan is restated onto its new document.
There are many enhancements in the Post-PPA document suite: a revised compensation section, a separation of the safe harbor matching provisions from the employer matching provisions, and a complete overhaul to the automatic enrollment provisions.
Post-PPA Mandatory Document Restatement (Cycle 3) Resources
This is an Active page, as more information is released content will be updated.
Knowledge Base Articles
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Resources
- IRS Information On Restatement Cycles
- What is a favorable determination letter?
- Pre-Approved Retirement Plan Adopting Employers FAQs
- Pre-approved Retirement Plans - Adopting Employer
- Tips for Employers Using Pre-Approved Plans (other information for informed Plan Fiduciaries)
- Types of Pre-Approved Retirement Plans
- IRS Notice 2017-37: Cumulative List of Changes in Plan Qualification Requirements for Pre-Approved Defined Contribution Plans for 2017 (PDF File)